AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running my Dish 6000 at 1080i component since I got it a year and a half ago. I recently got a new projector (Hitachi 5500) and I've been experimenting with RGB. I've set the 6000 to 720p and 1080i RGB. Because of problems with 1080i RGB on the projector (I won't go into that here), I've gone back to 1080i component. Now, when I watch ABC Detroit which is 720p, all of the vertical lines in the picture appear serrated like a saw or knife edge. If I set the 6000 to 720p, the problem disappears. I like to watch 1080i, so I want to solve this problem. I've double-checked this by running the 1080i into my computer's LCD monitor, and the problem appears there too. As a triple-check, I can run my AccessDTV at 1080i and ABC looks fine.

Any thoughts from anyone? If not, does anyone know the warranty period on the 6000?

Thanks,

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Go into the HD menu, Setup, 6,1,9 and use the Adjust tab when you see it happening. Move the picture a couple clicks to the right or left and the edges will clean up. It's a known issue, but you'll only have to do it once.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Standard warranty is one year. I would suggest taking out the Extended Warranty plan that Dish has. It only cost $1.99/month but you must have it activated for 30 days before you can use it. It covers any Dish equipment you have, including switches, LNB's, dishes, remotes and all receivers.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan - That was it! I was messing with horizontal positioning while I was testing with RGB and I apparently went too far. Thank you.

Marissadad - It seems like you're saying that if I had a problem, I could then take out the extended warranty, live with the problem for 30 days, and then have it repaired? Or do you have to take out the extended warranty before the original expires?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.