AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A poll in the recorder forum raised the topic of what Dish 5000 users subscribe to.

The results were interesting but I wonder if biased because it was in the recorder forum for folks with the 5000 that can record HD so I post a similar poll for 6000/811 owners.

Do you subscribe to just HBO/SHO? Or do you get other packages (top 50-150) from Dish?

By full HD package, I mean ESPN/HDNET/HDNET movies/DiscoveryHD. Also, throw CBS HD into that if you get it.

wording courtesy of bpearse

·
Registered
96 Posts
Being an Adelphia Digital Cable suscriber (love the hi-speed internet) I didn't need anything from Dish except the HD channels and they were kind enough to let me purchase just the HD package (not including any movie premiums chs.) and CBS-west HD local (I qualify for waiver).

I'm still surprised that Dish did not require me to at least sign up for one of the Top 50-100-150 packages.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Weird poll. I have top 100, hbo, sho, and the hd package, plus CBS-HD. The poll seems to assume that they are mutually exclusive.

I probably skewed the results wrong because I just answered *full hd package. Also have HD locals, OTA.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by kaiming
Weird poll. I have top 100, hbo, sho, and the hd package, plus CBS-HD. The poll seems to assume that they are mutually exclusive.

I probably skewed the results wrong because I just answered *full hd package. Also have HD locals, OTA.
Each item must be paid for itself so they are exclusive.

From your description, you answered the way I would expect.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.