AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an 8vsb OTA module for my Dish 6000 from sears.com. It did not come with any instructions. I assume you just plug it into the back of the 6000 receiver and things will be self explanatory as far as hooking up an antenna to get OTA digital channels?

It also says "front end module," but I assume you are supposed to plug it into the back of the receiver.

I'm hoping they sent what I need. It is made by JVC.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There should be an instruction manual packed with the module. i would go to your local Sears store and request one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I did not get one with my unit either. You just plug it into the back of the unit, and attach the coax from your OTA antenna to the attached connector. Then go to "installation, local channels" and do a scan of the channels. There is not much else to it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dont be alarmed if the fan never shuts off. Even when

the receiver is off the 8vsb tuner fan may run 24/7.

Quality design work!

Jon.

p.s. "front end module" refers to the fact that

tuners are typically on the front end of a

receiver system, as opposed to back end

which may refer to an output stage, such as

the signal from the reveiver to the tv, or

monitor.

------------------

"Thats gonna leave a mark!"

[This message has been edited by krustyone (edited 09-05-2001).]

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thank you krustyone, you answered my question!!!! was wondering if there was something wrong with my module or receiver because the fan on that thing NEVER shuts off!!! not even when the receiver is off.

By the way, did get a small instructions manual with my module, like 10 pages long.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thank you krustyone, you answered my question!!!! was wondering if there was something wrong with my module or receiver because the fan on that thing NEVER shuts off!!! not even when the receiver is off.

By the way budda, I did get a small instructions manual with my module, like 10 pages long, maybe you should go back to Sears and ask for one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.