Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

fyi, for dish 6000 owners that still haven't bought the ota tuner:

sears.com has a "customer appreciation" 10% off sale; this includes the OTA module for the dish 6000 receiver. it's listed at $99, but adding it to your shopping cart displays the price after discount ($89.10). i just ordered mine tonight.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
JS - you rock.

Additionally, if it turns out not to work, Sears is cool about letting you return things to their B&M stores. Someone post once they get theirs and let me know; I don't yet have a 6000, but had to jump on this.

Rich

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I ordered mine yesterday over Sears.com even though Albuquerque doesn't have OTA yet (later this year). I have a question. If I install the module in my 6000 will I be able to get non-HD stations (e.g. regular ABC, NBC, etc.) through it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got one a few weeks ago, just to have it. There are no DTV stations anywhere near me, nor can I really pull in any analog stations either. But I figured resale of the Dish6000 would be higher with it anyway, when I do eventually sell it.

BTW, yes, it does work in the Echostar branded boxes. There are no differences between the JVC and E* hardware.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fjerina:

Thanks for the tip. I ordered mine yesterday over Sears.com even though Albuquerque doesn't have OTA yet (later this year). I have a question. If I install the module in my 6000 will I be able to get non-HD stations (e.g. regular ABC, NBC, etc.) through it?
Yes, it works fine for analog OTA as well.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ricka:
Did these JVC modules work in you Echostar boxes?

--Rick
yes, i just got my e*6000 installed and running this week, and there appear to be no problems getting it to work with the OTA module i got from sears.com. in fact the OTA module does not say "JVC" on it anywhere, nor did the box it came in.

--jay

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP and Boycott JVC!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.