AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an apartment on the East coast with a balcony facing east and a clear shot at Echostar 3 (61.5). Because of the location, I cannot see the 110 or 119 satellites. My new DISH 6000 was delivered today and is hooked up OK and set to transponder 2 for 61.5. The Sat dish is pointed at 61.5 using the correct azimuth (171) and elevation (42) The Sat dish is a "500" with a Dish dual LNB in the 119 position and the skew set to 90. Despite many attempts at panning and tilting I can receive nothing! Does anyone know if you have to set the 6000 up on the 119 bird before you can acquire the 61.5 satellite? Is there some magic that I am missing?

I searched the forum and found nothing relevant.

Thanks in anticipation

Keith Johnson

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Have you gone through all the install menus and set the signal strength by pointing at 61.5? If so, you should be able to get a promo channel without having activated anything from 61.5...

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You must be doing something wrong becuase i can get it fine. It is definatly not easy to get in but you only need the one dish. Make sure you have the correct satalite selected in the singal strength section. You should be able to get it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KeithOn18:
I have an apartment on the East coast with a balcony facing east and a clear shot at Echostar 3 (61.5). Because of the location, I cannot see the 110 or 119 satellites. My new DISH 6000 was delivered today and is hooked up OK and set to transponder 2 for 61.5. The Sat dish is pointed at 61.5 using the correct azimuth (171) and elevation (42) The Sat dish is a "500" with a Dish dual LNB in the 119 position and the skew set to 90. Despite many attempts at panning and tilting I can receive nothing! Does anyone know if you have to set the 6000 up on the 119 bird before you can acquire the 61.5 satellite? Is there some magic that I am missing?
Your azimuth should be several degrees higher (probably 177-179) using the 119 position of a D500 rather than a D300.

- Fred

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your encouraging replies which made me try again to acquire 61.5. As you noted it's difficult but not impossible - all is now well.

Thanks again Dennis, Savageone79 and Fred for the encouragement, help and advice.

Keith

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Too bad you're not on the east coast. 61.5 is super easy to get here. Of course, He who giveth can taketh away. 119 is tougher for east coasters compared to our left coast brethren.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.