AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to contact WXYZ with no success and I'll try for DISH next week. I've posted about this problem a few times before and now I'm just ticked off enough to see if I can get some resolution.

Problem 1

WXYZ digital will not come in with any kind of dependability. I'll get a night here and there when I can get it but I can't count on it. I have installed a rooftop antenna (Channelmaster 3021) and I receive with no problems every other digital channel in the area. Strangely enough, I can even receive the analog version of this channel over my current UHF only antenna.

Problem 2

On Digital Channel 2, the local Fox affiliate, the partial zoom mode does not work. I can receive the pitiful channel fine, I'm just not able to get this to work.

I'm just wondering if there are any kind souls out there in the Detroit area that would bring over their OTA receiver for just an hour or so to verify that it is not a multipath problem. (I really don't think it is but I'd like to know.) I'd also like to know if anyone else is having this problem. I can't verify this for sure but many of these problems with reception occurred after the latest "upgrade".

Thanks in advance for any that would care to help.

regards,

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a Dish OTA receiver. I was having problems recieving the OTA digital chnnels in my area. Fox was on 9 and PBS was listed on channel 31. The digital scan picked up a signal on 31, but when finished only listed Fox on 10-1. I called Dish and they had me switch the HDTV setup form OTA to cable. The receiver then locked in both channels. It received Fox on 10-1 and PBS (ch31) on channel 80-1. Of course Fox is 480p and sucks, but the PBS feed on 80-1 is 1080i and is beautiful reception.

Try it, it might work.

Jerry

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.