AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my Dish 6000 outputing 1080i via VGA to my G15. Due to some added equipment, I may want to switch to the component output for my 1080i signal. Have any of you guys done a comparison between the two??

Thx,

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have not, but I have read people who would know say that with 99.9% of TV's out there, you will not notice any difference. I think there is a theoretical difference but you would never see it unless you had a 73" RPTV or FPTV with 9" tubes and it was calibrated to the utmost perfection and you put up a test pattern and looked at it at just the right angle for 20 minutes while holding your arms at 39 degree angle. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif It should not be an issue.

I am using the component outs and am very happy with the results.

[This message has been edited by Lee L (edited 07-03-2001).]

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I will try it out and see how it does.

Thx,

Cameron

------------------

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Oddly enough, on my RCA MM52110, I have noticed that the picture coming out through the VGA port is actually brighter than through the component out. You'll also have to shift the picture if you're using 4:3.

------------------

Michael Mullis

Director of US Operations

Next Level Gaming
http://www.nlgaming.com

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by shift the picture if you are using 4:3?

My projector is a 4:3 projector, but it automatically centered the 16:9 image on my screen when I use the VGA cable.

Cameron

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.