AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6000 receiver suddenly died yesterday. Got home from work and the green power light was blinking and it wouldn't respond to power on. I tried the power button on the receiver and unplugged it from the wall several times. Called Dish, they had me switch it with the receiver upstairs even though it's been working all along fine for a month now.

It did work when I switched it upstairs then I brought it back downstairs and it worked there as well. This morning it's dead again, not even the blinking light? If you unplug it from the wall it does start to blink again, is that some kind of diagnostic code? It's 13 blinks and then a pause then it repeats.

Any idea if this is dead? I have a call into my installer to come and check it out? Dish says I do have a waranty on the receiver of "about 1 year" they said.

More to follow after they come out....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds to me like their is a problem with this receiver. i had the exact same symptoms. Blinking light, then the thing stopped working Intermittently it will work. Unplugging the OTA module seems to get the light to blink, but not consistently enough to power up.

they are sending me a new one. 5-7 working days. What a pain.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a new Echostar 6000 box that arrived DOA. The lights would blink when it was first plugged in, but there was no video. Pushing the power button would make it turn off, but then it would turn itself back on a few seconds later.

I finally convinced Dish to send me a new one (after about 4 calls and about 90 minutes on the phone), although it took 2 weeks to get it because they were temporarily out of stock. Their tech support people were worse than useless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.