AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On some channels the screen will go black for a few seconds while the audio continues. It's not my TV since it never happens when watching DVD's. It seems to happen at random times, maybe once every 45 min. Last night I watched a movie on a network channel and it happened about twice a minute, enough for me to change channels because it was very annoying. This channel was very compressed (the picture looks terrible, I hope Dish gets more satellites up soon), so maybe it is a problem with decoding.

------------------

-Glenn

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just got my my Dish 6000 +8vsb tuner last week. At times when I select a program I get a black screen and no sound. Info says I'm getting the signal and channel. My other receiver is getting the channel. Tech support had me remove the smart card to reset the receiver and then things worked. But it keeps happening! Support say this happens "at times". Anyone else have this problem? Do I need to replace my receiver?

·
Registered
163 Posts
It happened again last night. The channel info displays on the screen but no picture or sound. Just turning the receiver off and on doesn't correct it. I have to pull the smart card out, the receiver resets and then everything works. I feel like I should send it back to Allsat but that's such a pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.