AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my move from DTV to dish. first off.. OMG! the menus are freakishly ugly and at a very low resolution (ie, i should be see alot more channels in my guide).

I did notice that the picture quality is better (coming from the HD100 and the dtc100).

my question:

I have a 16:9 TV and learned my lesson from the sony HD100 in 1080i that i NEED to stretch or grey bar. How can i turn either of these on for the dish 6000? in HD mode my TV does whatever the connected device tells it to do....

help! i don't need more burn-in :p

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
The "*" key on the remote will cycle through the zooming, stretching and grey bar options.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.. i spent the night looking @ the HDTV setup in the menu - hoping that if i looked at it long 'nuff it would some how give me more options :)

* button is much better :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does the '*' function give you the ability to center the programming in HD? My picture is offcenter in HD format only. It's really noticable when a commercial is shown in letterbox. I have more black bar on the left than the right.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jeff,

There are centering functions on the HD setup page where you go to select 1080 or 720, RGB or YPbPr. I believe you select an item something like "centering" and the picture comes back. The four direction buttons on your remote (up, down, left, right) will move the picture around. But be careful. Doing this on ABC at 720p can cause some streaking on the video as it starts to separate when moving too far to the side. You may not be able to move as far as you like before this occurs.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.