AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Dish 4700 receiver hooked up to a replay tv, I want to keep that setup separate and add the 6000.

Can anyone confirm they use different IR codes so they won't interfere with each other?

------------------

It's great to have all this great gear. But I'd instead put all that money into software (Movies) I'd have SOMETHING TO WATCH ON ALL THIS GREAT GEAR. Doh!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have the Expressvu version and they use the same codes, but you can change the code to one of them. I use 2 6000 recievers one is expressvu and one is dish. I just changed the remote address to one ot then.

------------------

Thomas DiCecco

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much!

What do you think of expressvu?

------------------

It's great to have all this great gear. But I'd instead put all that money into software (Movies) I'd have SOMETHING TO WATCH ON ALL THIS GREAT GEAR. Doh!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I like Expressvu. I get the east and west network feeds without a hassle.I enjoy watching the news from cities across Canada.I am able to receive the major superstations( ktla,wgn,wsbk,wpix, and wtbs).If you subcribe to the movie network you get some movies in HDTV. What ever network is in HD is usually shown on one of the HD channels. With the exchange rate at 1.56 you can get the works package for $41.00 US a month. That is after all taxes and exchange fees on my credit card. I have it for 8 months now.

TomDiCecco

------------------

Thomas DiCecco

·
Registered
8 Posts
Setting the remote (and receiver)to a new remote address code changes all IR and RF codes. We have a Dish 6000 and 4700 in two adjoining rooms and they do not interfere by IR or RF

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do american viewers go to buy expressvu service?

Is it considered gray market?

Is it legal to subscribe if I'm an american?

What satelliete position(s) does Expressvu come on?

Is there a faq? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by akm3:
Where do american viewers go to buy expressvu service?

Is it considered gray market?

Is it legal to subscribe if I'm an american?
I'd tell you to search the archives, but they're off-line right now. Check out www.freewaysupport.com. My understanding is that it's illegal for Bell Expressvu to sell the service to someone in the U.S., but it's not illegal for you to receive it.

-Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.