Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just noticed two other things with the new 6000 software that I don't remember from before and I don't think I've seen brought up yet.

There seems to be a bug (at least with 16:9) in stretch mode where it over stretches now like it's in a zoom mode. To see what I'm talking about, go to a shopping channel that has a fixed logo or border, then switch between normal and stretch, and you lose a bit on each side. Someone else might have brought this up, but I haven't seen it doing a quick scan of the messages.

There also seems to be a new feature, or it's possible I never noticed before. If you click on a program that is later on, it will ask if you want to auto tune, record to VCR, etc. That might have been there before and I've never tried it before, I don't remember.

-Mike

·
Registered
979 Posts
With the new software, even in Normal aspect, there is an increase in vertical overscan from the way it was before. This only occurs in HD mode (you can see the difference by switching to SD), and definitely cuts off program material. It appears the Dish programmers are not hesitant to dispense with viewable pixels. So what we thought was 1080i is now, maybe 1000i?!

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is especially annoying if you have a 4:3 RPTV that does not do the "squeeze" and you select the 4:3 # 2 setup. With that setting it locks you in stretch mode and you lose alot more than an inch on each side. If you choose 4:3 # 1 you lose several inches at the top and if you choose 16:9 you basically go back to the way it worked before the upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.