Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

In an effort to help DN figure out the new glitches in the 6000 SW upgrade, I figured we could make a list of problems and how they can be reproduced. If they do in fact read this forum, then I would imagine this could be a great help.

So far this is what I have experienced.

1. When on a DTV OTA Channel and I press the * button to zoom, the receiver switches to channel 989.

2. When on a DTV OTA Channel and I go to a Sat channel, then hit Recall. The receiver switches to channel 989.

Anything anyone else might want to add?

All in all the new SW update is awesome! Having the zoom flexibility on 1080i channels is priceless! It's great to be able to zoom into local DTV channels to avoid burn in from the Black Bars. Bravo Dish!

Bill

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've now read Marissadad's identical post in at least three different threads. I agree it would be great to put together a list, but let's try to make one list, not 18 different threads that all cover the same thing.

My only gripe isn't a bug in the new SW, but it's been there for a while and was supposed to be fixed in this new release and wasn't. When watching OTA DTV, then hitting the Guide button, I get the "Acquiring satellite signal" message and it just sits there for a couple of minutes. This is a real pain in the neck.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Boecker:
I've now read Marissadad's identical post in at least three different threads. I agree it would be great to put together a list, but let's try to make one list, not 18 different threads that all cover the same thing.

My only gripe isn't a bug in the new SW, but it's been there for a while and was supposed to be fixed in this new release and wasn't. When watching OTA DTV, then hitting the Guide button, I get the "Acquiring satellite signal" message and it just sits there for a couple of minutes. This is a real pain in the neck.

Thats because the receiver stops communication with the satellite when you are using the antenna feed. The same thing happens when you shut it down for a while.

-Glenn

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I narrowed down the problem tonight, here it is:

Manually input a channel that is NOT in your current favorites list. I used 103. Now hit the * button to change modes and you will be whisked away via the Magical Dish Transporter to Ch 989! Lucky for me, Laurie was on when it happened.

Here's another way to make it happen: Stay on the channel you chose that is NOT in your favorites list, hit the GUIDE button, change to your favorites list and press escape. Same thing happens and Laurie shows up on my screen.

I called and asked to be forwarded to an Advanced Tech to report a bug and they let me right through.

Please call and report this bug, the CSR I talked to had not heard of it before.

------------------

"I want my HDTV Set!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.