AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems using the Optical output for dolby digital on the Dish 6000 or Dish 501? I don't seem to be getting an output at all. Could be the Meridian 562 gear on the other end, but I haven't had this problem before with it. I have the 6000 configuration set to Dolby/PCM. I'm assuming it send a Dobly Digital stream when available and a PCM linear stream when not. Is there any other activation point for the optical output? The analog outs are working fine.

thanks

ken

·
Registered
56 Posts
Plug in a TOSLINK optical cable into the 6000, and point the other end at the palm of your hand, you should see red light. If not, your 6000 is not operating the port.

If it is, it should be bright. Your receiver may not be set to use the opto input.

My Pioneer needs to be in "digital" or "auto", AND the opto input must be assigned to a device input.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help HTBuff. I do get a bright light at the end of the cable going into the Meridian, so the 6000 must at least be outputting something. I have the Meridian confiured to assign this input to a device and I don't thnk there is a mode switch in the Merdian.

It must be an issue with my Meridian 562 I guess. Thanks for your response.

ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.