AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home yesterday, I tried to reproduce the * and recall bug, but it didn't exists! (This is a good thing!)

It was doing it yesterday morning. Any chance it was fixed? Is it fixed for anyone else?

Bill

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Barista:
When I got home yesterday, I tried to reproduce the * and recall bug, but it didn't exists! (This is a good thing!)

It was doing it yesterday morning. Any chance it was fixed? Is it fixed for anyone else?

Bill
I went home very late last night after some overtime at work, and flipped a few channels for about 15 minutes. I didn't run into the bug either. I was also wondering if it's already fixed, although I did not see anything different on the system info screen.

Maybe, the new software caused channel info downloading problem (noticed a lot of info not available the last few days). It could be possible that after the program info is filled up again, the bug would go away???

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Here is the definitive way to make the bug work:

Manually input a channel that is NOT in your current favorites list. I used 103. Now hit the * button to change modes and you will be whisked away via the Magical Dish Transporter to Ch 989! Lucky for me, Laurie was on when it happened.

Here's another way to make it happen: Stay on the channel you chose that is NOT in your favorites list, hit the GUIDE button, change to your favorites list and press escape.

------------------

"I want my HDTV Set!"

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
If I owned a 6000, I would be tracking the software version every time something appeared to be different.

This is easily done by checking the System Info, in the Set Up menu option.

This way you would know if a) software did change, b) it didn't, or c) !?!. But at least you would know.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's really strange.

I got home yesterday afternoon and I coldn't make it happen, no matter what I did (No matter what favorite list I was on).

Then later that night it started doing it again!?

I don't know. Pretty strange.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.