AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local PBS station pushes the national PBS feed over their digital channel at night. They don't touch the feed. This action gives the feed two funny characteristics. First is that the channel numer in the feed (80) does not match the real channel number (57). Second is that, although there is only one transport stream, that stream is labeled as stream 3.

My Dish 6000 box with the OTA tuner won't tune this signal. The box locks up when I try to add this signal to the channel listings.

Is this a known problem with the Dish 6000 set-top? I'm running the latest firmware.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
At this point the only way the 6000 will tune or remap to channel 80-3 is if you have "cable" instead of "off air" selected in the HD set up menus. Which works fine except that then you lose the ability to tune to analog channels above 13 until you switch it back to "off air" again.

------------------

Dan

Mitsubishi 55805

Dish 6000

DirecTv/Mitsu SR-HD400

Evu 6000

·
Registered
399 Posts
I believe they fixed the high channels problem in version 751 of the 6000 software. That is what is on my 6000 and I can enter digital channel 80 with no problem.

Perhaps what the Clund needs to do is go into local channel setup and manually add 80 as a digital channel during a time when that channel is active. That way the 6000 will remember it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.