AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences in the dish Analog input selection on the hdtv setup screen, and their impact on ditial OTA signals? The options are Off Air, Cable, HRC, and IRC.

Reason I ask.. I had a problem with my 6000 today where I couldn't add a DTV channel. I'd add it, lock on the signal (80% or so), give it a name, but it wouldn't show in the channel list.

After wasting 45 minutes on the phone with dish support, the tech in desperation asked me to leave the add channel list (and the receiver hung, had to power off/power on) and go into the hdtv setup and change the OTA setting to cable. I did so and went back into the local channel setup, and the channel immediately showed up.

Additionally, some of the channels that had never showed channel name before started showing it.

I wouldn't have thought this setting would have anything to do with the digital channels.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I had a similar problem several months ago for my local PBS station. They are DTV channel 18. But when they use the PBS National HDTV feed they go to channel 80. I think OTA digital channels only go to 69. But cable goes over 69. When I switched to cable in setup, I had no problem storing channel 80.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is a known software bug in the Dish 6000 receiver. If you do a SEARCH on this site, you'll see it described. E* is also aware of the problem, and indicates it will be fixed (someday).

The downside to the CABLE setting is that you will not be able to tune analog UHF stations. To do so, you'll have to reset the ANALOG TYPE to Off-Air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.