AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dish 6000 and am receiving several OTA channels out of Boston and Southern NH. All but one of of the digital channels maps properly on the programming guide to their analog counterpart (the exception is WCVB channel 20, which won't map to channel 5) but I never get any program info via when hitting the "guide" option on the remote. It always says "local digital". Is this normal? I thought that I should be getting the programming info. for at least the prime time hours.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
You will only get any info from the guide for OTA if the channels are mapped to ABC, NBC or CBS and then only during primetime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I am confused. The channels are mapping from the digital channel number I enter to the analog number which is standard for that local ABC/NBC/CBS affiliate yet I don't see any programming info. Am I missing something here?

Tim

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, none of the Boston area locals are utilizing PSIP (Program and System Information Protocol). In layman's terms they are not passing the program information in the digital stream. No data, no guide info.

WCVB-DT (ABC) mapping to 20-1 is normal for the E*6000. For some reason the E*6000 will not map this to 5-1. I am fairly certain they are passing the correct information since DirecTV receivers map to 5-1 correctly.

If you haven't already you may want to follow this thread a little further down in this forum. Almost every aspect of Boston area DTV/HDTV is covered.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm curious: can the 6000 display program information if there IS PSIP info?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
The Primetime info you see in the guide comes from Dish, that's why it's only Primetime, because everyone across the country has different shows on at the same time, it's not standardized.

The 6000 has the ability to read the PSIP info, but it is NOT turned on or enabled, or whatever needs to be done. Our local CBS affiliate does include the PSIP info, but my 6000 does not see it. IMHO, Dish needs to enable this feature. Fortuneately, I can receive the Portland locals over Dish, so I can look at the EPG for program info 24 hrs/day.

When you set up your analog channels are you associating an affiliate with the channel? This must be done for the guide to work. You will NOT see the program info on the Digital channel, it will only be on the ANALOG channel listing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.