AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish 6000 with the new software. When I tune to digital channel 2, I lose the "partial stretch" mode. On all other digital channels, this works. I also don't seem to be able to get the subchannels for Channel 14 or Channel 2. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not all stations utilize subchannels, just have the one main programming channel. WJBK and WKBD do not even offer anything in HD yet, so it will be a little time for them to catch up with some of the others. Have not tried partial stretch on either of these stations. Both have had PSIP problems recently, so you would have had trouble even viewing them at times.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gary. It's been reported by other Detroit area members that there are subchannels to both of the stations I mentioned. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not having problems with my DISH 6000 with ATSC module. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having similar difficulties or if it's just me.

Trafter

·
Registered
263 Posts
I didn't realize that there were reports of other subchannels on WJBK-DT and WKBD-DT. I just had lunch with a group of TV engineers including some from WKBD and I could have asked them about it. As I said, I know that both had had problems with their PSIP in the last few weeks. The only current issue I am aware of locally is on WTVS-DT. Their channel shows up as 43-01 instead of 56-01. I have spoken with the director of engineering and they waiting for the upgrade of their Triveni PSIP tester to see where problems may be. (He e-mails me to see how changes they make affect the 6000.) The transmitter engineer at WXYZ has a 6000 at home, so he keeps an eye on their PSIP for compatibility with the 6000, which may be more touchy than other STB's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I've been experiencing that PSIP problem on WTVS for some time. I'm still trying to see if anyone else has that difficulty with the "partial stretch" on Fox 2.

Thanks,

Trafter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.