AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gary Merson recently did a great article with comparison "shootout" of four of the Directv STB (e.g. Panny, Sony, Mitsu, and Tosh). Now with the CBS/Dish deal, the Dish 6000 is starting to look pretty attractive. Can I get some opinions as to a "shootout" between OTA performance of the Dish 6000 against some of the aforementioned Directv STB...i.e. upconversions, clarity, convenience. Anyone compared the two?

Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't know how the quality compares between the different recievers, but I do know that Dish Network has more channels at a lower cost, and more HD channels. And in the end I believe content is most important.

Might I also add that if this were computers, EchoStar would be Apple and DirecTV would be Microsoft. EchoStar makes all their equipment themselves (just like Apple), and DirecTV has all these other companies making equipment for them (just like Microsoft). Being a Mac user, you can bet I chose EchoStar.

------------------

My current entertainment setup:

Panasonic 27" TV, Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player (connected via S-Video), Aiwa Dolby Pro Logic Mini-Surround System, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation 2...(and more to come!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.