AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I have a Dish 6000 with the OTA cartridge and a Pioneer 58" (model number is sd583hd5). I live in Phoenix and am trying to get ABC (channel 15.1 or 56.1). I get a good signal, but the sharpness of the picture is terrible. If you look at someone’s face the quality is good, but the edge of their face appears very jagged. This is problem is easiest to see on white text that appears in the picture. The edge of the text is very jagged.

I’m thinking that the problem could be that the 6000 is converting the picture from 720p to 1080i for my TV. Anyone experience this problem or have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You're suffering from the "zipper effect". Use the "Adjust" feature in the HDTV setup menu (menu, 6, 1, 9) to move the picture sideways until the jagged edges disappear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
YESSS!!!!! Thank you! I've been insane with this problem for over a month. Assumed it was a bad 8VSB. Geez!

Any advice on how to recalibrate the picture? My set has been professionally calibrated (well Component input and Standard def anyways.., thanks Bob), but I only made the image "viewable" so for, as there was not an HD image available.

Thanks again! This board/forum/community KICKS [email protected]@. If only there were more people "in charge" with our kind of interest and passion (like Bob Ross and Mark Cuban!). Okay, off soapbox....

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.