AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a Pronto remote with the Dish 6000 receiver? If so do you have discrete codes for the HD/SD button? This is driving me crazy to setup any macros.

Thanks

Mike Flanagan

------------------

"If you want an Expensive Hobby, why don't you take up house repair!" ~ The Wife

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Mike,

There is not a discrete code, but if you leave the receiver (and set) primarily in one mode, then it easier to program the deltas. (I leave mine in HD, Tosh in HD2, no discretes for my set either). Macros to startup Dish 6000, DST-3000, DVD, etc. with offs setting back to a baseline. Macros to jump from Dish to DST-3000, macxros to go HD to SD & back for each STB.

If you maill me I'll send my CCF. It would DEFINITELY be much easier if each unit had discrete, as a stray dog walking in front or slightly off timing will make you go back to manually resetting. Order of powering on and off and the "delay" setting is pretty important.

Tim

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim, I would appreciate the CCF to 'Dissect' what you did in your macro's.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks again.

Mike Flanagan

------------------

"If you want an Expensive Hobby, why don't you take up house repair!" ~ The Wife

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unforunately, there are no discrete codes for the various "*" button modes, either, so automating the numerous aspect ratio adjustments (stretch, zoom, etc.) is also impossible.

Hopefully the next generation Dish boxes coming out next year will get this part right. It is way too cumbersome for casual users to "just watch TV" with this box.

------------------

-- Dan Farris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.