AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a VW10HT to go with my Dish 6000. Question is this. The 6000 has both a VGA and a YPrPb output. It appears the VW10HT will take either. I haven't read anything conclusive on which performs better over long distances. It will be a run about 25-30 feet.

Also, anyone have a recommended vendor for cables? Looking for moderate price, reasonable quality.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Many of us with the Dish 6000 and the Sony 10HT have experienced a blue shift to the color with the component connection. (I posted about this a short time ago. Do a search.)

Switching to the vga connection totally eliminates this blue tint. I use the cheaper of the bettercables.com vga to 5 rca cable with a run of 11 meters. Excellent picture.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shelly:
Many of us with the Dish 6000 and the Sony 10HT have experienced a blue shift to the color with the component connection. (I posted about this a short time ago. Do a search.)
I searched for various combinations of "blue, component," and "10HT" in this forum, the LCD FP forum, and the FP archived forum, but I can't seem to find the thread you're referring to. The only "blue" problem referred to some sort of blue "line." Could you post a link to the thread, or possible just expand on this issue?

Thanks,

Larry

[This message has been edited by lalittle (edited 07-09-2001).]

·
Registered
56 Posts
For component video input, does the Sony have a menu selection for choosing the correct color matrix?

Y Pb Pr is different matrix than Y Cb Cr.

My NEC VT540 has three selections for color matrix.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Larry,

The threads about the "blue problem" using the component connection can be found on the dedicated Sony VW10HT forum at
http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum= DCForumID27&conf=DCConfID1

You'll find everything you need to know about this projector on that forum. Be sure to read the FAQ. Email me if you have specific questions about the 10HT.

In the Sony projector menu (about three levels down), you can chose between component or rgb (you'll need a 15 pin vga from the Dish 6000 to a 5 rca rgbhv cable to the Sony) for both Input 1 and Input 2.

[This message has been edited by shelly (edited 07-09-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.