AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starts August 1, you buy equipment upfront and get a free install. Then get 21.99 credit on your bill per month for 12 months. Total credits $264.00 not bad. No credit card needed. You must get the 100 channels or higher.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Does this mean they will stop the cash rebate?

------------------

Trevor

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
This is a better deal. Previously the best deal was $199 rebate plus free install. If the new one is $264 off and free install, this is $65 better.

Is this on all new installations or just 6000 installations?

Rick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4900,6000,301,501's. But you pay in full upfront and get the 265 back in monthly credits.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
My Panasonic HDTV arrives August 9. So should I consider getting a 6000 dish? I have done zero research on this and my ISP is fudgy right now (every time I try a search, I get a blank page) so what would this cost up front and per month?

I watch little TV and would really only want to view movies in High-Def or 480p. What are the packages? Anybody have some links for me?

I currently get crap-cable from COX for $13 a month and I get all the non-pay channels by mistake for some reason (and like it that way).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are dealers that people have posted here to buy from. You can get the whole package from them (2 dishes 64 switch and the 6000).

You may want to use cable for a few weeks and see what happens on the Dish Tech chat(maybe some news on the 921).

If you have HD you should use it, You paid for it.

You may want a second receiver for the bedroom. I'd get the 501 with tivo like recording w/o the 9.95 a month charge.

I can't sell to you, it wouldn't be fair to the sponsors of this forum. So I won't quote a price. If you do a search on the the 6000 in this forum, you'll find a lot of info and prices on the 6000. Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Tex (edited 07-28-2001).]

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
OK, I have spent about 3 hours reading and this does get confusing. Who besides THIS GUY has this offer? Anyone?

This site says installation is NOT free and every time I try to find how much it costs, I go into a loop. Sorry for what may sound like newbie questions to you guys, but this will be my first HDTV (Panny 47") and after doing a search on DISH type HDTV, I came up with over 1,000 posts. My eyes hurt from reading and I am only MORE confused than before.

Thanks.

P.S. Where can I find a list of cities that have OTA HDTV?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The price is ok but I don't think the install certificate will cover the two dish set-up. Call dish at 800 333-dish and ask what the certificate covers, their national installers do it so they will know.

You can get the free install kit and do it yourself if you feel up to it. But most pros (98%) will do a better job.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Thanks. I really wouldn't want to install it myself. I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The certificate is probably 150.00 and will only cover one room and one dish if you have two receivers it will be around 300.00. I'm not 100% sure on this so please check.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.