AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else using a Dish Network 622 HD DVR with a CRT projector? If so, which transcoder are you using? Are you having any problems with Horizontal centering.

I use am using a Moome external transcoder to convert the Component signal to RGBHV. I have to run the RGBHV signal through an Extron 202xi to shift the picture to the right so that it is on screen. All of my other RGBHV inputs behave normally. At this point I suspect the problem has something to do with the 622 but am unsure how to measure.

How do I look at a Component signal and determine where the horizontal position is?

Same question for RGBHV. What should a normal versus shifted signal look like?

The Extron 202xi shifts the picture back but since it requires the horizontal positioning control to be rotated all the way in one direction to accomplish this, I also get some slight double imaging in the bottom of the picture.

..Doyle

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my Dish 622 and my marquee 8000 through a Key Digital transcoder. I use the Marques's phase adjustment to shift right, but if I shift it enough for it to be centered (so you can see the extreme left portion of the program grid) it will darken and distort the picture.

It also was shifted left on my tube HD TV (Phillips 32PT740H37A) but I was able to get into the service menu and shift it right without any negative picture issues.

So I have just lived with the picture slightly left of center on my projector.

The last time I checked here I realized it is a known issue with the 622 but I don't recall there being a solution yet.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

That does help in terms of understanding just where the problem is. Are you using the 720P or 1080i output on your 622?

I will try the Phase control to see if I can make up some of the difference there and the rest with the 202xi without damaging the pic.

..Doyle

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You might also try changing your retrace from long to short or vice versa.

Just a guess

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to try the retrace adjustment last night but I did try using a combination of Horizontal Phase adjustment and adjustment with the Extron 202xi. I was able to find a compromise between the two that did eliminate the jitter/double imaging. The easiest way to see the double image was to bring up the convergence screen. After making the combined phase and 202xi adjustment, the double image was really minimized dramatically improving the sharpness on the picture.

..Doyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.