AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when using the DVI out from my 811 to my Sony GWIII 60" LCD rptv, the PQ is horrible, Dark, lifeless, no contrast, dull colors. the componet outputs look perfect, they even look good on sd. The s-video output is also very dark, i have to turn the set's contrast and brightness all the way up, and it is still a little dark. the Cable was a monster DVI 400, the componets are just the cheapies that came with the 811. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dark picture is a known problem with the 811 and will be fixed in a software patch two releases away. There is a post on dbstalk about it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm using the 811 with DVI and a Sony KP-46WS500, and I can't tell the difference in the PQ between DVI and component. I can't comment on S-video or composite, I haven't tried them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i heard problems with the GWIII DVI ports.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also have a new Sony GWIII (42") hooked via DVI to the 811. I also have S video feeding another input. Basic cable is hooked up to the RF input. I agree with vandammeman that there is a noticable difference between the SD picture quality coming from the 811 and basic cable. The 811 is very dark and lacks contrast through both inputs. The HD signal I'm getting off the 811 looks great, especially HD Net and Discovery. If only I wouldn't have to do a multi-switch test about every other day I would be very happy. Hopefully we'll see some software updates soon.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I'd say it's the 811's problem as I have no complaints with my GWIII DVI

input using the LG LST-3510a either with HD or DVD.

Charles

·
Registered
42 Posts
Vandammeman,

YEs, it *is* a known bug in the 811. It will be fixed in the software patch 265, to be released most likely by end of Feb if I were to guess. There are many that have reported this issue and Dish has acknowledged it.

Check out www.dbstalk.com and look at the dish forum- there is a sticky thread on the 811 and its loaded with dark picture comments and responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.