AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to the Dish 811 in hopes to utilize the 1080i DVI connection for my new Qualia front projector. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the issues I've been having with the latest firmware, knowing the complete lack of QC from Dish in the past.

Issue One: whenever I tune to a HD channel, the display reports SD WIDE, even though it's an HD broadcast, and it sure looks like HD.

Issue Two: I'm running everything through a Lumagen HD PRO processor. The Lumagen reports that the 811 is outputting 539p. I've got 1080i set in the 811 menu. What's the discrepancy, and why?

Issue Three: most annoying, there seems to be a hiccup every minute or so, maybe a frame dropped. I've seen reports elsewhere that I'm not the only one who sees this.

Any feedback would be appreciated. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you done the hd setups under the dish setup menu? Don't trust the dish installer to set it up right for your equipment. When my installer left I went into it and set it up to work with my hln50.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland
J.Mike, glad to see that you graduated from the Sanyo to the Sony!! Have you tried connecting the 811 direct to the Qualia?

I have a 811 and a JVC DLA-HX1U connected with DVI via a Zektor DVS5.1 switcher. The problem I see is vertical blanking is not correct on many of the Voom channels , TNT and Showtime.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the Quaila has in every way exceeded my expectations. It should! :p

Interesting re: the vertical blanking error. I've been working with Patrick to troubleshoot the Lumagen processing for 1080i input.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
J.Mike, Don't ya just love LCoS, so smooooth!

I stated the vertical blanking observation incorrectly. The Vertical Interval (45 lines/F for 1080i) may or may not be correct. The raster from those channels is definitely missing several lines of video regardless of cause. I have retired and do not have access to all that Tek & HP test gear anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.