AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish 942 and I'm having an issue with the sound volume between satelite channels and local OTA channels.

I have the 942 connected to my AIWA receiver using optical digital cable. The satelite channels the sound volume is just fine, usually have it around a setting of 15~20 (with the loudest volume setting at 45).

When I watch a local OTA channel, I have to turn the setting up to 40+ to get the same level sound.

So you can see how annoying it would be switching between a local and satelite channel. I didn't have this problem with my Dish 811 receiver.

Any ideas on a possible solution? Is there something in the 942 that I can set to adjust the volume of OTA channels?

·
Registered
27 Posts
bhoppe: What is your satellite setup? I have Dish Network satellite that I installed myself several years ago, then bought the 508 PVR from Costco and I love it it all.

I am now waiting for my Panny 50 to arrive and was planning on using OTA for local channels in HD and staying with my 508. If I switch from SD to a 921 or 942 for HD, does it require major surgery to my Dish 500 setup...or is it just unplugging one DVR and plugging in the new? Does my dish have to be pointed to a different sat to get HD? If so, what happens to my SD stuff? Do I need two dishes?

Plan B is to go with the 42" EDTV Panny until HD gets more user friendly....

Thanks for any help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.