AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By playing around with the Fine Tuning settings I was able to get the Blaster to work. The recommended settings are

IR Code 0775

Fine tune settings:

Min # of digits = 3

SEND ENTER = YES

Inter-Action Delay = 0200

Response Delay = 0000

Pre-Command Delay = 0000

Inter-Command Delay = 0400

I found that I had to increase the Response Delay to 0500 to avoid having the No Video Signal Detected screen be the end state. With the increase, I still initially get the No Video message, but then the signal comes through after a pause.

Now all I'm left with is an occasional message from the Dish 301 receiver saying that I'm not subscribed to the channel, when in fact I am. This can happen from one Tune this Channel based change to another, i.e. over ten seconds, so it's not related to Dish downloading the program guide. Is there a setting on the Replay, or the 301, to address this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
You need to further adjust the IR fine tuning settings to avoid inadvertantly tuning to a channel you don't subscribe to. Here's a link to settings that have been working for me with the 301 receiver for several years: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...08#post3770808 .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, very much. It doesn't seem that the receiver is going to the wrong channel, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Before I try them, do these settings also turn the 301 on? The settings I've used before and the ones I'm currently using don't, I have to leave it on.

Finally, I've copied your settings to this thread so folks can compare them with the recommended settings more easily:

Quote:
Out of the 3 plastic circles on the right front of the DP 301, the IR blaster should be placed over the center one.

I've been using code 0775 with some fine tuning adjustments for 3 years with no problems. Here are my current settings:

Yes - Enable Fine Tuning

0775 - Codeset

No - Send enter

1 - Minimum digits to send

0300 - Inter-action delay

0300 - Response delay

0200 - Pre-command delay

0300 - Inter-command delay

YMMV.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use the following on my Dish6000 with no problems:

Yes - Enable Fine Tuning

0775 - Codeset

YES - Send enter

3 - Minimum digits to send

0150 - Inter-action delay

0050 - Response delay

0050 - Pre-command delay

0150 - Inter-command delay

I rarely have a misfire, and I don't even use an IR fort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.