AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is a sorry state of affairs for, it would appear, DHP'ers and Dish with HD content.

After reading this thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=301121

I was hopeful of finally being able to receive at least some HD content to view on my 42" panny plasma, even if it is only four channels. I called Dish at 800-333-3474 and must say everyone I spoke with was very understanding and apolegetic, all the way from "Al" the CSR to "Sandy" at customer retention to "Rene" her supervisor. First a little history.

I originally signed up for Dish 500 and AT150 in March of 2001 through their website, the install went smoothly and I have had no/few problems with their service. We have two 501 receivers and a dual LNB dish 500. Earlier in the year our family decided to purchase a new "television" and we chose the 42" ED panny as we watch a slew of SD content, some DVD's and, as of today, no HD. The PQ is very good, however there is better.

So got on the phone to Dish concerning the current promotion (6000u and 8VSB for $199) told it did not pertain to me as I "lease" my equipment.:mad: However, to get around this I could return both tuners (getting me off the Digital Home Plan), go purchase two different tuners and then "trade up" one of these to the 6000u with the module.

Now in the grand scheme of things I, for the life of me, can not understand what it is "Charlie" is trying to accomplish. Furthermore, I do not have the desire, nor the inclination, to jump through hoops just to be able to receive the content that Dish is providing. Then again I could always go out and purchase the 6000u through a retailer, for ~$450, or switch to D* for the grand sum of ~$300. I told the CSR to please note my account if anything changes concerning this offer and DHPer's and to notify me, yeah like that will happen. I'm giving them until October 20th as my current service is paid for through October 23.

Doesn't sound, to me anyway, like a very well thought out plan by Dish to mark the hype. I like Dish and want to be able to keep it but I also want to be able to get all the programming I can from them for a reasonable cost.

It would appear that Dish is practicing "customer" bias as it has been noted that some "DHP'ers" were able to get "exceptions" where as the rest of us low-lifes simply have to make harder, and more expensive, choices.

Boo on Dish.:rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.