AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined the forum, amazing site. I posted this message on the Dish section by mistake (sorry).

My Dish is being installed today, 4 receivers (one is a pvr) by a prof. installer. I told him that I wanted to have the ability to send a dvd or vcr signal to each tv. This of course, isn't part of the install. The only suggestion was to run another RG6 cable to each location and let me figure out what else I need to do. This wasn't my first plan, but after looking at the multiswitch used by Dish, it doesn't have a coax input for an external antenna or from another source (like dvd, vcr, etc.), which I read is how you can get an internal source to play on each tv. You also have to split the signal back out at the other end (correct?).

I am very new to home video distribution and wiring so and I need your help in understanding my options. My questions are probably answered some where in the forum but I thought I would start here anyway. How would you get an internal signal to the tvs? If running a separate RG6 is the best way, how do you get the signal into the tv if it only has one coax input??? Do I need an A/B switch for the Dish and dvd/vcr signal? That seems a little backwards. Thanks for any assistance....

Ron

·
Registered
469 Posts
Your best bet is modulation. You can insert any number of video components into your coax system. They are available anywhere from a single channel model to a 4 channel model. You can use additional modulators, if needed. They are also available in mono or stereo models. There are also digital models aailable. The output of the modulator is fed back into your coax before the splitter via RG-6. Basically, you are creating your own in house channels on unused channel numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.