AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to watch CBS HD on Dish tonight. The picture keeps freezing, sound disapears, and 10-20 seconds later, it picks up and continues for maybe 1 minute to 10 minutes and then does it again. Is anyone else having this problem or is it my receiver. This is the East feed on 61.5.

Jerry

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am receiving the same problem here off the NYC feed. I am glad it wasn't just me! CBS-HD was the only channel acting up, too.

Whew!

-- Robert

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing here and for me this has been going on for more than a month now. Maybe in this type of thread we should specify what setup we are using:

Me: DISH 5000/HD modulator feeding Panasonic TU-DST50 (HD signal from 61.5)

·
Registered
760 Posts
This happened to me also. I have a DISH 6000.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three people does not sound like a CBS problem. more like a receiver problem. Is there anyone else out there with this problem. Please reply and let us know what type of receiver you have. Mine is a Dish 6000 that is less than 2 months old feeding a Toshiba 65H81 HDTV.

Devox, what type of receiver are you using in NYC. I guess that you are receiving OTA.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Dish 6000.

It's still happening this morning.

When did all of this start for the rest of you?

-- Robert

·
Registered
447 Posts
You know, I am watching it this morning to follow the news about the crash. It's freezing often... about every two minutes, for about 5-10 seconds at a time. Same as it was doing last night.

What the hell is going on here?

-- Robert

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm getting the same freezing while trying to watch about the crash. CNN was carrying the same video feed simultaneously for a while. No freezing on CNN. Could someone who gets WCBS-DT over the air report on whether he's having this same problem?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just called up Dish and spoke to one of their advanced technical support people, I guess. The person was, indeed, very knowledgable.

We checked software and signal strength, everything was cool. So the tech went and looked at one of their own 6000 setups and saw the same problems we are seeing: the freeze, the brief pixelization, a few seconds a video, freeze, etc. The tech escalated the problem and sent it on to the engineering people, from what I was told.

Apparently I was the first to report any problem as there was nothing about CBS-HD in their database 'cept for a note about closed captions.

Boy, that shows you how many people are watching CBS-HD via Dish! Man...

-- Robert

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we all need to call Dish. It is still not fixed and it it 4PM on Monday. Mine started yesterday. I have been losing the complete signal for an extended period off and on for at least a week.

Jerry

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Monday evening and CBS HD east feed is unwatchable with the frequent freezes.

What I can't believe is that no one receiving CBS HD locally in New York has posted if they're see what we're seeing from the Dish 61.5 bird. That information would certainly help determine where the problem is.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm seeing it too on the 61.5 feed, I thought it was the weather, it's pouring outside. It is like a having a bad antenna.

I will try the 148 feed at 8:00PM PST.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Same problem here. Dish 6000. I can get the OTA so it's not that big of an issue to me.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Looks they are about to fix it. There is a message on screen now,

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't know about a technical difficulties screen... I am seeing a screen with a big picture of Charlie wearing a birthday hat, riding a big Zebra, waving a flag that says "Dish 0wn3z j00r DTV"...

Anyway, it's good to see that they are fixing stuff!

-- Robert

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The 61.5 feed is still not working, but they have it off line with a technical diff sign instead of programming.

Jerry

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jerryez
I have been trying to watch CBS HD on Dish tonight. The picture keeps freezing, sound disapears, and 10-20 seconds later, it picks up and continues for maybe 1 minute to 10 minutes and then does it again.

Jerry
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my Dish 6000. Got so fed up with it that I switched to "regular" CBS feed for the evening.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My contact at Dish Network tells me that there were some technical problems, they had to order a new piece of equipment and it should be installed today. That should take care of the problem. I, too, ended up going OTA last night during Yes, Dear, because the breakups were just horrible. Hopefully, this new piece of equipment will correct the problem and things will be back to normal by tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.