AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a brand new HDNET (and HDNET MOVIES) watcher since I'm a DISH customer, and I must say that I am delighted with the new programming choices now available to me. Thanks for helping to keep the HD wave flowing, and I hope you start making a profit soon on these channels (the consequences are obvious if you don't).

Good luck to the Mavs this season, and congrats on a very successful last season. They're my 2nd favorite team; my favorite is the hometown team just down the road on I-45.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yes, thanks from this viewer too. Been a long wait but I'm happy it is here and the movie channel is nice addition. Checked out Oceans 11 last night and was floored with the quality... Keep em' coming!!! Thanks.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Let me add my thanks to Mr. Cuban. I've been looking forward to the two HDNet channels on Dish for some time and I'm not disappointed. Oceans 11 was great. "The First Deadly Sin" is on now and it's terrific.

I've already seen a few people who are complaining that there is nothing that appeals to them on Discovery, HDNet, etc. It's hard to believe, but they are certainly entitled to their opinions. I'm just glad I'm not one of those who can't find something to enjoy on the new channels. Certainly not everything will appeal to me, but there's more than enough content that I enjoy to keep me happy and to make the package more than worthwhile having and paying for.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here's my voice into the mix - it's just fantastic. I'm watching U2-Rattle & Hum. It's just awesome. Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Here, here. Add my voice to those new E* users in praise of HDNet, and Mark Cuban.

And this if from a diehard Laker fan... :)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Hey guys, welcome to our HD world at D*. Glad you are all enjoying the new HD. Competition is a very good thing wouldn't you say? :) Rattle & Hum was fantastic.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
Hey guys, welcome to our HD world at D*. Glad you are all enjoying the new HD. Competition is a very good thing wouldn't you say? :) Rattle & Hum was fantastic.
Glad you guys are enjoying DiscoveryHD at last. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I watched my first soccer game in HD today and it was great. My HD programming choices have improved tremendously and make the repeat on Discovery HD bearable. Thanks Mark.

Now, ESPN-nonHD is something else altogether.

Franzius

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Mark!

HDNet is just as great as I hoped it would be.

I was able to directly compare Tracks Ahead last night with the HD feed from my local PBS broadcast.

There was no comparison! HDNet had a much sharper, higher contrast picture.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had HDNet two years ago when I first got my Mitsi 55" HDTV for about a week before I jumped to E* (cause they had CBS) and was amazed back then and have been waiting for this day ever since. I too want to thank Mr. Cuban as well as E* for making this happen!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.