AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply for research and knowledge purposes, I am wondering if you live in one city (say one that does not have locals offered by satellite), but you tell them another address that does qualify, would that get those locals on your TV? I know it does with Dish, but am not sure about Direct.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
It will work the same with DirecTV as it does with Dish Network

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DerekFSU
Simply for research and knowledge purposes, I am wondering if you live in one city (say one that does not have locals offered by satellite), but you tell them another address that does qualify, would that get those locals on your TV? I know it does with Dish, but am not sure about Direct.
How far away? Dish is in process of installing Spot Beams, as D* already has. If you are too far from the zone, it will not pick up the locals anyway. A few miles should be no problem.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Restart. I am in Tallahassee and wanted the Miami locals. The spotbeam does not quite make it. I now have to figure out which transponders carry the Tampa or Orlando stations and check those out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have using one address for my billing and living at another for years with out any problems. There used to be an advantage to doing this as I could get the national feed, but now that there is local service on the satilite there is no benefit.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.