AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around, and could't really find anyone complaining about ESPNHD on Dish. Is anyone else having problems with this channel?

All my other HD channels look perfect, but ESPN looks jagged and is unwatchable. I'm not talking about the stretch issues.

I can see ESPN HD on my DirecTv, which looks fine. One thing I have noticed that if I watch the HD channel via svideo, it looks fine. Out of perspective, but fine. When I switch the box in to HD mode is when the picture goes to hell.

I have a Dish 6000 w/ 8Spk. Sorry if this a known issue, I couldn't find it in the search.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
There have been a few other posts on this topic since Dish added ESPN-HD. Basically you need to go to installation, hd and move the picture a little to get rid of this jagged or ghost effect. It's a bug in the 6000 from what I have read, dealing with 720p conversion to 1080i. I think the menu shortcuts are 6,1,9, adjust and move the picture a little to either side. See if that works...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes, your description sounds like the 720P "zipper" problem, previously reported for OTA reception of ABC on the model 6000. The solution, like CMB says, if to adjust the picture position a little to the left or right.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks Guys,

Just for the heck of it, I called Tec support @Dish, they said it was in the signal being sent from ESPN, and it was not on their side.

But what you guys said makes sense. I'll give it a shot.

Chris

·
Registered
221 Posts
a few days ago I noticed some severe distortion of the Dish HD ESPN-HD channel ... both video and sound. I wondered why I hadn't read it first on AVSForum but figured that there is so little HD content right now that it isn't widely watched by the forum's members. But it cleared up.

I also have read that may 6000's are misconfigured for 720p display.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cnz
THanks Guys,

Just for the heck of it, I called Tec support @Dish, they said it was in the signal being sent from ESPN, and it was not on their side.

But what you guys said makes sense. I'll give it a shot.

Chris
If it were a problem with the signal from ESPN, why would it look fine when viewed from the S-video outputs? My money is still on the left-right adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.