AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! Having drooled over the new HD channels for 2 weeks now, what do you think of the HD package?

I saw colelge football. Mimai Vs Florida was superb.. waiting for Mimai Vs WVA and others. Saw NFL and saw several HD movies HDNet Movies. Many nights on discovery channel as well. I feel that I'll have the whole 1 year subscription paid for by this Sunday. the rest is bonus... Go Dish... Go Hokies (Va Tech).

What did you do?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
It was what I expected. Waiting on SuperDish now. I give the HD package a thumbs up. Its just the same as what everyone else has now.

·
Registered
619 Posts
So far my weekend schedule hasn't allowed me to watch much HD football on HDNet, but I did enjoy the NFL on ESPN-HD the last two Sunday nights.

So I was a little surpised to see "Urban Wild" show up on HDNet. Wasn't a year's worth of re-runs on DiscoveryHD enough?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shankar
OK! Having drooled over the new HD channels for 2 weeks now, what do you think of the HD package?

I saw colelge football. Mimai Vs Florida was superb.. waiting for Mimai Vs WVA and others. Saw NFL and saw several HD movies HDNet Movies. Many nights on discovery channel as well. I feel that I'll have the whole 1 year subscription paid for by this Sunday. the rest is bonus... Go Dish... Go Hokies (Va Tech).

What did you do?
Just an FYI: The Thursday night Miami-WVU game will not be in HD. The HD college game this week on ESPN-HD is Tennessee-Auburn on Saturday.

·
Registered
732 Posts
"Godspeed" Dish Network on your launch of the SuperDish. The HD package by Dish Network is an excellent HD picture and sound journey.

·
Registered
234 Posts
so far so great!!!

and also hearing that the $10/mo price is future-proofed....meaning not to go up as more programming is added.

For how long, who knows? But it sounds great!!

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
If you like the Dish HD package now, wait to you see it this December. :D

I can't say whats going on, but I do know many people will be VERY happy in December!

·
Registered
28,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski

I can't say whats going on, but I do know many people will be VERY happy in December!
PM me with it Scott. I won't tell anyone, I swear!!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 4runner4
and also hearing that the $10/mo price is future-proofed....meaning not to go up as more programming is added.

For how long, who knows? But it sounds great!!
The whole problem with "future proof"...

It's good for as far as we can see in the future, which on good days seems to be the end of the current day. At least I hope that is not what it means.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Please! Please??

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just started receiving Dish-HD and I am extremely happy with it. Can't wait until December!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was already getting DHDT all last year, but adding the 2 HD-Net channels and ESPN stretch-o-vision for $2 more was a no-brainer. Along with HBO-HD and SHO-HD its a great setup.

Is there 1 or 2 good threads here that explain what the Superdish is/timing/costs/etc? When I got set up on Dish I bought all my equipment at Sears (6000 and 310 receivers, 2 dishes, installation). I know I'll want a 921 PVR when they come out, but I haven't heard all the details on the Superdish.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I was hoping that Dish would have one or more additional HDTV channels on 105 when the SuperDish Service begins. I guess what I am hearing is that the addiontial channels won't be available until December. Oh well, thats only 2-3 months away.

What will be possible.

Cinemax-HD

Bravo-HD

Starz-HD

Starz-High Resolution 480p?

Star-Flicks

HBO-HD West

SHO-HD West

Sci-Fi rumoured in HD or High Res

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Might as well add TMC-HD to the "possible" list, no? Since it debuts 12/1. And what about the InHD channels.. aren't those supposedly "available" to the DBS co's too?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Hello? it is almost March, no new developments.. Something went wrong here! Why can't I have cinemax HD at least??

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I knew something was wrong when I started seeing mention of the SuperDish... :)

·
512 Posts
any new news? where's bravo and playboy and spice and cinemax and tmc in high def? if they put them on i'll buy em. or will i need to spend more bucks for the superdish? and what will that cost anyway?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.