AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use the DISH PVR for most programming and recording. However, I also want HDTV as well. Can both be hooked up to one system easily (using two sat receivers)?

My plan is to run the non-HD DISH and DVD through an iScan into my 480p TV input, and the HD signal through my 1080i TV input (Toshiba TP61H95).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm not familiar with iScan but I have a monitor with an RGB input for my E* 6000 and S-video for the PVR501. Works fine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I currently have a 501 hooked upto via S-video to one input on my Sony 53HS10 and a 6000 via the component video to the HD input. They both work fine.

I dont have iScan but I think it should work fine.

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I neglected to ask how to connect the two systems up to the dishes. I am not sure whether I need to run anything special. Can I combine the output from the two dishes in my attic and run a single line to my units? How do I split it once it gets to the two units? Can I just run the cable into one unit and out of the same unit and back into the next unit?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mdanese:
Thanks for the responses. I neglected to ask how to connect the two systems up to the dishes. I am not sure whether I need to run anything special. Can I combine the output from the two dishes in my attic and run a single line to my units? How do I split it once it gets to the two units? Can I just run the cable into one unit and out of the same unit and back into the next unit?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark,

I have the same setup you are talking about. (6000/501 on same TV) Depending on the total number of receivers involved you will need either two SW21 switches or an SW64 switch.

The diagrams below will give you an idea of how it all comes together:

Wiring Diagram for 2 Receiver/3 Satellite Setup

Wiring Diagram for 3-4 Receiver/3 Satellite Setup

Chip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.