Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I hope I am placing this in the right forum section. I currently have a DISH 500 system. I am considering adding a second dish and 6000 receiver for HDTV reception; but I have a few questions:

I have heard that a "southern view" will not work; that I would need an east view to get the high-def satellite. BUT, I have also heard something about a "mirror" satellite in the southern sky that could also be used. Can anyone give me the facts about this??

Also, I have heard that DISH may be coming out with a single-dish HDTV solution? Anyone know anything about this?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You need a south eastern view to see the 61.5 bird (east coast) but there is also a 148 satellite which feeds the west coast.

So it depends on your location.

I have not heard of the single dish solution so far.

------------------

Eram

---------------------

TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish PVR 501, Receiver=Marantz S5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Try dish pointing page . Just put your zip code in and pick Echostar III or [email protected] III has HBO HD, Showtime HD, HD PPV and a demo channel. 148 has the same minus the demo channel.

I spend a lot of time at DBSforums and none of the Dish retailers have mentioned a single dish solution.

-Robert

[This message has been edited by rlj5242 (edited 07-26-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.