AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a Dish 500 with TWIN LNBF (I know it is twin because it is the wide one, has only two cables coming out of it, and it identifies as twin from the receiver. I am pointing it at 100/119.

Here is the problem. When I hook up the Dish to my receiver,it says it only is connecting to 110 satellite. It says the switch, which reports as there (again, a twin), does not have 119 sat connected to it. 110 is, but 119 is not. Do I have a defective LNBF??

Bob

·
Registered
491 Posts
A Dish500 can be a little tricky to setup. Try bypassing the switch and find each satellite separately first. When you get both sats at good levels then hook up the switch.

Good luck,

------------------

Vance
My HT Pics

[This message has been edited by Vance45 (edited 05-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vance45 (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vance,

I would, but the 500 I have has the Twin LNB. I therefore cannot access each LNB individually. They are integrated into the switch.

Bob

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried, but it would only tune in the 110 sat. It never picks up the 119 no matter what. I do get a very strong 110 signal, but zero on 119.

Bob

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanks everyone!!! I got it working. The problem was that I never pointed the right far enough right to get the 119 bird. The diagnostic was confusing when it said that the switch 'was not there'. Apparently, as Scooper said, the switch will not identify until it has locked onto both birds. This mistake was compounded by my not reading my compass correctly.

Thanks again!

Bob

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
You're not going to get a correct switch ID until both LNB's are receiving a signal. What you should do is cover the 110 side of your TWIN with some aluminum foil until you get 119 found/peaked. Then take the foil off and run your check switch - at this point, both should be showing signal on the Dish500 menu screen.

If you can only get signal on 110, then you need to move your dish to the right and lower the elevation angle. Be easy on this.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Check your skew angle . . . if you get 110 and your skew is correct, you should get 119. If not, perhaps you LNB is defective. Make sure you are in the special "install dish 500" section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.