AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dish installed inside my balcony using a bucket and 6 ft pole contraption. The problem is that I am in a high wind area (33rd floor next to the river)

Every time there is a storm the base of the dish (bucket) rotates a bit and I lose the signal.

(The first time there was a storm it actually toppled onto its side. I tied a nylon rope around it and to the railing. )

So now it doesnt fall but it rotates and loses the signal.

Any ideas on how to make it stay in place?

Thanks in advance for any help.

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tried securing the base to the balcony floor? If you have patio boards it should be easy. Else short of using 2 2x4's screwed to your balcony, you may be sol

·
Registered
92 Posts
try some silicone sealant or caulk on the bottom of the bucket. make sure that both the bucket and the balcony floor are clean and dry. this should provide enough hold and still be able to release without damage when you move.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Could you use a base plate and large C - shaped bolts to clamp your dish onto the railings of your balcony? That works fine where it can be done. Mine has not needed any adjustment at all, even after winds of over 80 miles an hour.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
I used SS clamps to attach my dish to my balcony railing. I think I ended up with 4 total to prevent any wind from moving it. It worked beautifully! I never lost my signal and I could reposition the dish without the whole thing sliding off.

~~Nathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.