AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have three dishes pointed at 61.5, 110, 119. Connected to two receivers (301, 6000) via mainly non-Dish pro equipment. I have America's everything PAK, New York City local channels (including CBS-HD) and Discovery HD. Here are my questions:

I'm interested in getting as much HD programming as possible but not keen on upgrading to the superdish and new switches etc. Is it possible to simply add an additional dish for 105 (I have an old DirecTV dish that might work)? What kind of switch would I need? Will my existing receivers be able to switch between all four sats?

I have heard that all HD programming will be moved from 61.5 to the other sats, therefore can I simply redirect my 61.5 dish to 105? Will I loose other programming that I currently get on 61.5? I don't subscribe to foreign channels but I think currently some of the local NY channels are there.

Finally if I upgrade to the 921 PVR I will essentially have three tuners (I'll retire the 301), therefore what kind of dish/switch setup will I need then?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
No you cannot use a normal small satellite dish for 105 (or 121). 105 and 121 are not DBS satellites, they are KU FSS and require a different LNB, and because of KU FSS satellites are lower power, a larger dish is needed, thats the main reason why the Superdish is so much larger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.