AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called dish network to ask them if they had a package where I could receive only the hd channels, showtime and hbo. They told me there was no such package, and I could only get the hd channels by subscribing to hbo and/or showtime. I thought I had read somewhere in this forum that someone had this package, but maybe it was just the directv hd-only package I had read about and was confused. If anyone has a package like this for dish network, please let me know, so I can call dish network again and be a little more informed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You can't subscribe to just HBO-HD or SHO-HD.

You'll have to pay a minimum charge of something like $5.99/mo, then subscribe to the HBO/SHO package. With this package, you get both HBO-HD and SHO-HD included.

Try searching the HDTV programming forum. There was some significant discussion of this not too long ago.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops i meant to post in that forum. my bad.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
And just to add to what Randy said, the 5 or 6 dollars is just to have access to particular Dish programming if you dont subscribe to one of thier actual programming packages. So on on top of this fee you'd pay about 23 or 24 dollars more for the actual HBO and Showtime channels including HD (of course you wouldnt have access to any of the other HBO/Show channels besides HD if you only had a dish pointed to 61.5). Meaning total cost to do what you're asking would be just under 30.00 per month or so.

------------------

Dan

Mitsubishi 55805

Dish 6000

DirecTv/Mitsu SR-HD400

Evu 6000

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't think i can do that, because when I bought my 6000 receiver, I signed a contract saying I would subscribe to at least the at50 package for 8 months. Is this correct?

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you've already got AT50, you just need a dish pointed to 61.5 (or 148) and then add the HBO/SHO package. You wouldn't pay the $5.99 or whatever it is since you already have a basic programming package.

The bottom line to answer your question is no, there isn't a HDTV-only package available from Dish. The person you spoke with at Dish was absolutely correct. You need to have the HBO/SHO package to get the HD channels from these providers.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
No Jim. HDNet is a DirecTv exclusive.

------------------

Dan

Mitsubishi 55805

Dish 6000

DirecTv/Mitsu SR-HD400

Evu 6000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status