AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Dish 500 getting the 110 and 119 satellites with a Twin LNB going into 2 receivers (one is a 6000 receiver). I have borrowed another Dish 500 from a friend in order to get the 61.5 satellite. Unfortunately, this is not working. I believe it is b/c the roof to my apmt building is too high for me to see the satellite (access to 148 satellite is worse).

I am posting to make sure I have it hooked up correctly.

The second Dish 500 has a dual LNB. I only want to have access to the 61.5 for my 6000 receiver. So on my second Dish 500 (61.5) w/ dual LNB, i only have one coaxial cable hooked into one of the four outputs. That cable runs to an SW21 switch. The other input on the SW21 is from my original Dish 500 (110/119/twin LNB). The output on the SW21 runs to the 6000 receiver. I also tried hooking it up w/o the SW21 switch first. I am not able to get the 61.5 satellite with this setup. Like I said, I believe it is b/c the roof to my apmt is blocking, but it is a close call and i wanted to make sure.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well, if you indeed do have a line of sight to 61.5 it will work because I myself am using an extra Dish500 for 61.5 from Colorado.

The only comments I would have would be the obvious ones like.. you did reset the skew back to 90 degress on the dish right? And I'm sure you checked and rechecked the azimuth and elevation settings for your area which are far different than 110/119. Once you did that, I'm sure you moved the dish in small increments azimuthwise..which is important particularly when trying to do this because the azimuth when using a Dish500 is a few degress off as opposed to the standard dish since the lnb's mount slightly offcenter.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get the correct azimuth and elevation settings and adjusted azimuth in small increments. However, I did not reset the skew to 90 degrees, as I understood that the skew angle would not matter since I was only using the 500 to get one satellite. I will try that this evening to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
681 Posts
When you set a non-zero skew, one LNB looks higher, and the other one looks lower than the set elevation. It doesn't matter that you only want to receive one satellite. The skew still alters the geometry of the dish. No wonder you can't get a signal. Set the skew to 0, make sure your mount is plumb, and retry.

-Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.