AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Dish 500 with the dual lbbf (there are 2 coax connections at the lnbf). I want to connect another 301 receiver. The installation manual that came with the system is not real clear on the installation for 2 receivers.Basically all they show is a diagram showing 2 coax leads from the lnbf with each coax going to a separate receiver. Is this correct? An installer that I called in my area said I needed another head ( I think he was referring to lnbf) and a multiswitch.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
currently have a Dish 500 with the dual lbbf (there are 2 coax connections at the lnbf).
Does it look like this without the DishPro label? It's a Twin LNB. Just run another cable from the LNB to your receiver.

I just re-read your post and you don't mention how many receivers you have now. If you already have two receivers then you will have to upgrade to a Quad LNB with four outputs.

-Robert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly what it looks like. I am only using one receiver now. I want to set up one more so it looks like I am set. The installer I talked to confused me. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.