AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you split the output of a dish to two separate receivers (one LNB, two receivers) and watch two different things on the receivers? I would suspect not, but I thought I would ask the stupid question... :) If it doesn't matter that you have to watch the same channel on both receivers, will a splitter work?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Can you split the output of a dish to two separate receivers (one LNB, two receivers)
Most LNBs have two outputs that can be connected to two different receivers (or a dual tuner receiver) and you can watch different channels. If you want to split a single coax between two receivers, then the usual answer is NO. You can add a stacker, splitters and de-stackers and get it all to work but it's $300+ for all the equipment.

-Robert

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
NO you can't use a splitter the way you're asking about, unless you do the stacker /destacker gear the previous poster mentioned. At that cost - it is usually easier and cheaper to run 1 coax to ech satellite receiver from it's own connection on the LNB.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You can use a splitter, but you may be stuck on half of channels.

Assuming you have a single 18" round dish, you can split (preferably with a DC block on one half of the output - Radio Shack sells these) and the 'master' will control it and the 'slave' unit will be stuck on one polarity - 1/2 of the channels - typ odd or even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.