AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish 6000 system and I would like to incorporate a Direct TV receiver so that I may view HDnet hockey. I really don't want to add another dish to my roofline so let me describe my current setup, and hopefully you folks can provide some suggestions. I have a DISH 500 pointed to receive signals from the 110 and 119 Echostar satellites. I am presently using only one of the outputs from the LNB. I have a old dual-LNB dish pointed at the Echostar 61.5 satellite to receive the Dish Network high definition feeds. I am also presently using only one of its outputs. My two RG-6 lines from the two dishes are connected to a SW21 switch. The output of the SW21 goes to the Dish 6000 receiver. The 6000 receiver is connected to my Pioneer 610 via component cables.

I just renewed my annual programming package with Dish 2 months ago.

How can I best integrate a DirecTV receiver into my system?

Thanks,

Zephyr

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Unfortunately you either have to re-aim your 61.5 dish to 119, get another dish to look at 119, or swap out your TWIN LNBF for two Dual LNBF's and use the second un-used output of the 119 dual LNBF to go straight to your DirecTV receiver.

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
You might be able to get away with a splitter with a DC block on one side and a DTC100 if you only want 199. If you do this you need to tune the Dish reciever to a correct 119 channel.

If it picks up the same polarization as 199, 199 will be on the same LNB and the switch will be in the proper position so you will be able to get it on the DTC100.

You must also get the PPV a la carte choice from DirecTV.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 09-26-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.