AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been enjoying this forum for quite some time. The levels of knowledge in these areas are unsurpassed by any media. My question is simple: Being interested in HDTV, are there any online dealers of Dish systems who sell this equipment without the buyer having to purchase programming contracts?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Bill

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Bill,

Most online dealers make they're money off kickbacks/rebates based on programming commitments, which is why they can offer the equipment at such a discounted rate.

If you are willing to pay full price for the equipment you can probably buy it without any programming requirements.

Chip

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bill,

As far as I have seen they all will sell you the equipment without a service contract...But you will pay their full price not the heavily discounted and subsidized price. If you want equipment with out the service I would try E-Bay. Also, I have purchased gear from dishdepot.com and satserv.com I'm sure others could tell you of other reputable dealers.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You both for your respective answers. Now I've got a better idea of the process. Thanks again!!!

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.