AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone provide me with the dimensions (HxWxD) of the Dish SW64 switch. I am trying to buy a sealed box to place this switch outside under my deck.

I know that I will have to provide power to it, so I have to get a box big enough to accomodate a power source or bring the power wire through an outside wall to an outlet.

Has anyone done anything similar to this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the switch installed. My installer told me that it had to be installed inside due to problems with cold weather. I don't have exact sizing off the top of my head, but it is about 1 foot long and 6 inches wide by about 3-4" deep.

If you need exacts, let me know and I'll go and measure the beast.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cai
I know that I will have to provide power to it, so I have to get a box big enough to accomodate a power source or bring the power wire through an outside wall to an outlet.
I've got a SW64 as well. Actually the power source doesn't have to be near the switch. The power cable plugs into an adapter that is in-line on the coax at the sat. receiver end.

I've got my switch in the attic near the gable end vent. I run all the cables through the vent via flex conduit so everything is weather proof.

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.