AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Sorry if this has been answered - couldn't find it on a quick search and the 18inch.com wiring diagrams didn't have it)

I have Dish500 elliptical and a single 18" dish for 61.5,all dual LNBs, feeding a SW64. I'm only using two of the outputs for two Dish receivers (One 5000 w/HD mod and Panasonic tuner/VCR, the other a $70 Costco non HD)

I'd only like to be able to get the new HD channel which is on DirecTV (is that on 110 or 119 or 101?)

Is it possible to feed one of the other two outputs from the SW64 to a DirecTV unit such as the DTC100 That would be so simple for my situation (or will it not know how to "talk" to the switch and possibly damage it?) If not, I guess I will have to rewire the LNBs to a different switch set-up, right?

Or just have a new single dish dedicated to the HDnet source (nringing me to 3 separate dishes...)

Thanks for any clarification

Confused in CA

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
The DirecTV receiver and the SW64 will not work together. Use a generic 2x4 switch on the 119 LNB. Send two outputs to the SW64 and one output to your DirecTV receiver.

-Robert

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlj5242:
Use a generic 2x4 switch on the 119 LNB. Send two outputs to the SW64 and one output to your DirecTV receiver.
You can actually do the trick with two DBS spliters, one side power passing, one side not. Cheaper than a switch and very reliable, though some applications need a powered switch based on distances.

Do a search on geocities for a link to Kevin Timmermans great setup site.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.