AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the 61.5 sat locked and loaded over 100. I called the Dish Tech number and asked for the channel number for the HD demo loop. They first told me it is available only to dealers. Well how in the hell do you block the rest of the world out? Anyway, being confident that this was patently false, I asked them to hold and got on line and informed them that the channel is 9443 or whatever it is. Point is- This HD thing is never gonna make it like this. I have adopted the tech and am seriously into it but how many people are going to work at it? Joe Six Pack ain't. Course when he sees the NFL on a big well calibrated high def set up - he might notice the difference. "sigh"

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Bonde:
Finally got the 61.5 sat locked and loaded over 100. I called the Dish Tech number and asked for the channel number for the HD demo loop. They first told me it is available only to dealers. Well how in the hell do you block the rest of the world out? .........
The truth is that Dish provides special channels for "dealers only" on a regular basis. Originally they had an HBO-HD demo station that was "dealer only". I was able to receive it by using a UM STB with a direct hookup from the 61.5 bird.

However 9443 is available to anyone with a 6000 or 5000 unit and the dish pointing at 61.5.

baimo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.